CPDUS are available for all Workshops
Ben Franklin had the idea. Melvil Dewey developed the organization. The Library of Congress provides the Primary Sources to bring the Library Media Center to the next level. Learn how the resources from the Library of Congress can connect Common Core and AASL Standards for the 21st Century Learner, while deepening student's thinking skills and understanding.
- Experience augmented reality and interactive storytelling
- Learning with gaming to make history come alive in your classroom in support of CCSS
- Fresh approach for achieving CCSS in your classroom
- Learn to weave images, music, and narrative voice to create digital stories
- If you desire a customized workshop experience, we will design one to meet your specific needs
- Demonstrate how using informational texts (audio, photos, manuscripts, and other original documents) supports CCSS and other standards
12 hr Training (CPDUs Credit Available)
- Teachers become familiar with the breadth and organization of digital primary sources from the Library of Congress.
- Develop understanding of the value of using primary sources to create inquiry-based learning experiences.
12 hr Training (CPDU's Credit Available)
- Evaluate, create and teach topic-specific content-informed learning experiences integrating primary sources from the Library of Congress
- Apply the use of primary sources to support effective instructional practices for achieving CCSS