Day 1--Good Listeners
1. Listen carefully for the two Phenomenal Black American Women names for today's lesson.
2. Do the K and W columns of the KWL chart with your teacher.
3. Listen carefully to the stories about Harriet Tubman and Mary McLeod Bethune.
4. Listen as your name is called for the first learning center you will visit on Harriet Tubman and Mary McLeod Bethune.
5. You will rotate to all three learning centers, complete all of the activities, then return to your seat.
6. Give one fact about Harriet Tubman and one fact about Mary McLeod Bethune and record it under the L column of the KWL chart.
7. Journal Writing: What character traits do Harriet Tubman and Mary McLeod Bethune have that you
Day 2 and 3--Get Your Pencils Ready
1. Return to the PowerPoint Presentation, slide 5.
2. Read the pre-selected material (from the connecting link) about your assigned famous person.
3. Remember to read carefully and take notes.
4. Use the Library of Congress, additional websites, and the other resources in the classroom (videos, library books, and magazines) to find additional information about your famous person.
5. Remember to read carefully and take notes.
6. Compile your information together and prepare a narrative about your famous person's life and accomplishments to be presented to the class.
Day 4-- You are an Artist
1. Create a Poster about your Phenomenal Back American Woman.
2. Use the rubic as a guide to create your poster.
Be Creative !
Day 5--You Are Phenomenal
1. As A Group, Present Your Presentation To The Class!