Journey Along the Underground Railroad
Reading: Internet Site
View Image Table
Take a virtual trip with Harriet Tubman along the Underground Railroad *
Your teacher will give you a copy of these directions.
Follow these steps to take a virtual trip with Harriet Tubman.
2. Yes I want to go
3. Follow her
4. To Camden, Delaware
5. No I'll hide in the woods - Read what might happen - click back: Continue the journey
6. Yes I'll approach
7. To Wilmington, Delaware
8. To Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
9. To Rochester, New York
10. No - Read what might happen - click back: Continue the journey
11. To Lake Erie
12. Yes only Canada is safe
From the pull-down menu at the top
1. Highlight and click Faces of Freedom: Click on any of the images and learn about abolitionists and those who provided help to runaway slaves.
2. Highlight and click Routes to Freedom: Learn how long it might take to reach your destination.
* Manual Link: www.nationalgeographic.com/features/99/railroad/index/html
Student Lesson 2
Back to Student Page
Digital Schomburg Images of 19th Century African Americans
Governors State University An Adventure of the American Mind
Melonee Hodges email@example.com
Martin Luther King School
Last Updated July 21, 2004